Julia Veenstra Studios
- Artist/Owner of a growing, community focused art studio emphasizing personal growth.
- Carried by galleries across Canada and collected internationally.
- Goals to develop personal profile and build upon her experience from her international travel and time spent in Kenya, Tanzania, USA and Canada.
- One Of A kind Christmas Show 2016, 2015
- 2014, 2013, Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibit
- 2013, Grand Opening of Julia Veenstra Studios Gallery, Hamilton, ON
- 2013,2012,2011, Paula White Diamond Gallery, Group Show. Waterloo, ON
- 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, The Artist Project, Toronto, ON.
- 2012, 2011, 2010, Art Gallery of Hamilton, Juried Fall Sale.Hamilton, ON
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, AWOL Square Foot Show, Toronto, ON
- 2012, 2011, 2010, Art in the Park, Oakville, ON
- 2011, Art Gallery of Hamilton Solo Show, Hamilton ON.
- 2011, Mulberry Gallery, Solo Show.
- 2011, 2010, Art in the Street, Guelph ON.
- 2010, Studio Grand Opening at The Studios at Hotel
- 2009, 2008, Toronto Art Expo, Toronto, ON.
- 2010,2009, 2008, 2007, Thanksgiving Festival of Art. Vineland, ON.
- 2009, 2008, 2001, Art in the Country. Carlisle, ON.
- 2009, 2008, 2007, 2001, Festival of Art. Grimsby, ON.
- 2008, Guelph Multicultural Festival. Guelph, ON.
- 2008, Impression’s Gallery, Yorkville, Toronto, ON. 2005-2007, Unik Gallery, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
- 2006, Solo Show. Arusha, Tanzania.
Newspaper and Magazine Articles
- Toronto Life Magazine 2013
- Hamilton Magazine, 2014, 2013
- The Hamilton Spectator, Full Page Image and review, 2015, 2013, 2011
- The Hamilton Spectator, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Flamborough Review, 2010, 2008.
- The Beacon, two page article, 2005
Awards and Accomplishments
- Royal Winter Fair, Poster competition winner, 2013
- Readers Choice, Best Local Artist, Hamilton Spectator, 2013
- Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts, Poster, 2013
- Paula White Diamond, Waterloo, ON
- Chase Gallery, Montreal, ON
- Artscape, Oakville, ON
- The Dragonfly Gallery, Orangeville, ON
- Burlington Arts Centre, Burlington, ON
- Rivertown Galleries, London, ON
- State Of The Art Gallery, Toronto, ON
- Peaks and Rafters, Muskoka/Toronto, ON
Illustration Diploma, Sheridan College, ON, 1986.
Client List Includes
Candice Olsen, Designer, Candice Tells All W Network
Brett Wilson, Risky Business, Slice Network, Dragon’s Den
Wild Hope International
- Developed and currently manage an artisan project working with Maasai women of Tanzania and Kenya, East Africa (currently from an Ontario location) including:
- Sourcing and purchase of raw goods.
- Designing products and all print materials.
- Training and quality control.
- Marketing and advertisement of the products.
- Children’s book illustration.
- Designed and illustrated educational materials in Tanzania, East Africa, including short animated film using Adobe programs.
- Layout and design of educational materials, logos and proposals. Assisted in design of custom built homes and custom built furniture.
Ontario and Tanzania:
- In House Artist. Responsible for conceptual illustrations and layout of book copy for Copp Clark Pitman Publishers, Toronto. ON
- Illustrator for Charlie Campbell, Author, California, USA
Rift Valley Academy, International Boarding School
- Art teacher to elementary grades.
- Responsible for teaching three terms of eighth grade student art curriculum.
- Teaching colour theory and basic skills.
- Organizing art shows.