Julia Veenstra Studios
Artist/Owner of a growing, community focused art studio emphasizing personal growth with an international flavour.
Successfully sold numerous commissioned works to a broad cross section of clients across Canada and internationally.
Goals to develop personal profile and experience within the local Ontario Art community and to further increase international art reputation.
Hamilton Waterfront Trust: Special Event Coordinator
Organize and coordinate large annual festival for 70,000 attendees. Duties include: Design of all print material and advertising Site planning Sourcing and obtaining quotes
Art show Coordinating schedules for entertainers and main events Fundraising
Wild Hope International, Arusha, Tanzania
- Developed and currently manage an artisan project working with Maasai women of Tanzania and Kenya, East Africa (currently from an Ontario location) including:
- Sourcing and purchase of raw goods.
- Designing products and all print materials.
- Training and quality control.
- Marketing and advertisement of the products.
- Children’s book illustration.
- Designed and illustrated educational materials in Tanzania, East Africa, including short
- animated film using Adobe programs.
- Layout and design of educational materials, logos and proposals. • Assisted in design of custom built homes and custom built furniture.
Book Publishing, Ontario and Tanzania:
In House Artist. Responsible for conceptual illustrations and layout of book copy for Copp Clark Pitman Publishers, Toronto. ON
Illustrator for Charlie Campbell, Author, California, USA
Rift Valley Academy, International Boarding School, Kenya:
- Art teacher to elementary grades.
- Responsible for teaching three terms of eighth grade student art curriculum.
- Teaching colour theory and basic skills.
- Organizing art shows.
- 2011, Paula White Diamond Gallery, Group Show. Waterloo, ON
- 2011, Mulberry Gallery, Solo Show.
- 2011, Art Gallery of Hamilton Solo Show, Hamilton ON.
- 2011, The Artist Project, Toronto, ON.
- 2011, 2010, Art Gallery of Hamilton, Juried Fall Sale.Hamilton, ON
- 2011, 2010, 2009, AWOL Square Foot Show, Toronto, ON
- 2011, 2010, Art in the Street, Guelph ON.
- 2011, 2010, Art in the Park, Oakville, ON
- 2010, Studio Grand Opening at The Studios at Hotel Hamilton.
- 2009, 2008, Toronto Art Expo, Toronto, ON.
- 2010,2009, 2008, 2007, Thanksgiving Festival of Art. Vineland, ON.
- 2009, 2008, 2001, Art in the Country. Carlisle, ON.
- 2009, 2008, 2007, 2001, Festival of Art. Grimsby, ON.
- 2008, Guelph Multicultural Festival. Guelph, ON.
- 2008, Impression’s Gallery, Yorkville, Toronto, ON. 2005-2007, Unik Gallery, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
- 2007, “Out of Africa” Featured artist. Aldershot, ON.
- 2006, Solo Show. Arusha, Tanzania.
Newspaper and Magazine Articles:
The Hamilton Spectator, Full Page Image and review, 2011
The Hamilton Spectator, 2010
Flamborough Review, 2010, 2008.
The Beacon, two page article, 2005.
Hamilton Spectator, half page, 2004.
Flamborough Review, 2004. Hamilton Spectator, half page, 2002.
Flamborough Review, 2002.
Paula White Diamond, Waterloo, ON
Point Gallery, Innisfil, ON
Art Gallery of Hamilton, Sales and Rentals, Hamilton, ON
The Dragonfly Gallery, Orangeville, ON
MacDonald Stewart Arts, Guelph, ON
Illustration Diploma, Sheridan College, ON, 1986.
Client List Includes:
Candice Olsen, Designer, “Candice Tells All” W Network Brett Wilson, Risky Business, Slice Network, Dragon’s Den